It’s draft day!
After unfortunate lottery luck in May, the Chicago Bulls, owner of the NBA’s fourth worst record during the regular season, will pick seventh in the NBA draft tonight. The Bulls also have a second round pick, ordered at No. 38 overall.
Let’s go through the formalities of how and where you can watch tonight:
Time: 6:30 p.m. CDT
Location: Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York
The Bulls picking seventh is a bummer considering everything fans had to endure this season in terms of sloppy play, patchwork rosters, and losses. The superstar talent is at the very top of the draft in Zion Williamson and Ja Morant and the Bulls won’t be able to draft either.
However, this is the third year in a row the Bulls have picked seventh in the draft. The last two seventh picks have been Lauri Markkanen and Wendell Carter Jr. which are working out so far for the Bulls. So this spot doesn’t disqualify them from finding a good player by any means.
Point guard is the most striking positional need for the Bulls right now. North Carolina point guard Coby White’s name has been attached to the Bulls in what seems like 90 percent of mock drafts to this point. The Bulls have also expressed interest in Vanderbilt lead guard Darius Garland although it would probably require trading up in the draft to land his services.
If the Bulls choose to get their point guard by a means other than the draft, there are other guys on their radar. Chicago Tribune writer K.C. Johnson reports the Bulls are intrigued by high-energy Texas center Jaxson Hayes. Virginia wing De’Andre Hunter, Duke three-point specialist Cam Reddish, and Texas Tech guard Jarrett Culver (if he falls) are other possibilities for the Bulls at No. 7.
Moving up or down in the draft remain possibilities for the Bulls as well.
Since draft lottery day on May 14, BlogaBull.com has provided some great content that should be reviewed again immediately to prepare you for the draft.
- Vijay Vemu tracked the players the Bulls worked out this year (it’s actually a lot)....Part One....Part Two ....Part Three...Part Four.
- De’Andre Hunter is the stereotypical safe pick the franchise loves, but does he fit with this Bulls team?
- The Bulls have a plethora of big men on the roster. Would they ignore the logjam to make room for Texas center Jaxson Hayes?
- If Jarrett Culver falls, the Bulls have to pick him right?
- Slow down the Coby White train....
- Ricky O’Donnell’s final mock draft of the year.