- The Bulls have made the playoffs as the 3rd seed in the Eastern Conference, winning out their final week and staying a game ahead of the Raptors. And I guess this is kind of cool:
The Bulls are the only Eastern Conference team to qualify for the Playoffs in at least 10 of the last 11 seasons.— Jeff Mangurten (@JeffGurt) April 15, 2015
It was also another 50-win season for the Bulls, the third in the Rose-Thibs era...and the first in Kirk Hinrich's career, ruining one of my favorite stats.
- Derrick Rose had the best game of his latest comeback against the Sixers, and it showed how even when not at MVP-level he can still be a big upgrade at the position for the Bulls.
- Nikola Mirotic had a huge night against Brooklyn where he hit 6 three-pointers, showing not only that he may be out of his shooting slump, but that he's too good to be forced out of position so often.
- But it wouldn't be a Bulls season without a pretty big injury report near the end. Fortunately it just looks like a lot of minor issues, including for Rose's left (other) knee, and nobody should be Missing game one.
- So, yeah, it's playoff mode! Here's the schedule for the first round, and an early look at how the Bulls can win the series. Yes, it has more there than just saying 'show up'.
(expect these posts every Friday morning through the playoffs)