The Bulls and the Warriors were not in the same weight class on Tuesday night. Any official with even an once of empathy would have stopped the fight before it started. Consider:
- The Warriors had not lost to an Eastern Conference team all season.
- The Warriors entered at 21-1 at home.
- The Warriors were posting the best point differential since the 72-10 Bulls
- The Bulls were without two starting wings in Jimmy Butler and Mike Dunleavy Jr.
- The last time the Bulls played the Warriors, Draymond Green took Pau Gasol out of the game by hitting seven threes in a 10-point Golden State victory. And that was a rare game in which Chicago had its entire rotation healthy.
- Klay Thompson vs. Kirk Hinrich was a real life matchup.