Some lunchtime reading for today, and thinking about this Bulls season is actually good for your digestion. This was the opposite case last year.
- Zach Lowe at Grantland tiers away the NBA, placing the Bulls in the top group alongside Miami, San Antonio, and the Thunder. He takes more of a wait-and-see approach with Indy and Brooklyn. Defense, Rose, and Butler being potentially their first 2-way SG in a while being the difference. This is a day after Lowe gushed over the Thibs-Rose era, and how the cast around him have shown some new offensive wrinkles as well.
- Bradford Doolittle gives the Basketball Prospectus team outlook on the Bulls, a couple of weeks after his individual projections. BP's SCHOENE system is not that optimistic as it projects Rose will miss some time and Deng+Boozer regress, with the end result being 50 wins (yet still 2nd in the East). The subjective portion is more (sigh) bullish (sorry).
- Some other ESPN'ers answer questions about the Bulls. Doolittle there says he expects the Bulls to beat that SCHOENE projection. Friedell's 'bold prediction' is a doozy.
- Since some of you take these to heart (and wallets): recently released title odds have the Bulls second at 8/1.
- And of course read my preview of the upcoming season, and the rest from the SBNation network that was published Monday morning. It was great.
So...enjoy all that. Everyone shows the Bulls respect, I swear. No doubters!