It's been said a lot lately: the Bulls are in a really tough place this offseason. This past year was probably a bit more 'win-now' than we wanted to believe, especially after it all came crashing to a thud.
The NBA offseason will provide plenty of Bulls news and rumors, up to and including the draft and free agency. In preparation, BlogABull will try to do its best to get everyone informed as to what circumstances and parameters affect the Bulls plans.
First, there are 2 major sites where (if you're ambitious) you can get a head start on the class:
- ShamSports - the most accurate and readable salary data resource.
- Larry Coon's salary cap FAQ - just updated after the 2011 CBA negotiations.
- Cap exceptions - with the Bulls over the cap under any scenario, this is how they can acquire free agents. What kinds are out available, and which of those do the Bulls have?
- Luxury Tax - How close are the Bulls to it? What makes it so scary? How does it affect their exceptions and trades?
- Guaranteed contracts - including Derrick Rose's raise.
- Non-guaranteed contracts - When do contracts to Korver/Brewer/Watson get guaranteed, how much is owed if they're cut?
- Omer Asik, restricted free agent - Who are likely suitors for Asik? How much can they offer?
- Amnesty clause - Who can the Bulls use it on, and when? How do amnesty waivers work? How does it affect cap, tax, and payroll?
- Nikola Mirotic - when is he coming over? How can the Bulls contribute to bringing him to the NBA?
- Charlotte Bobcats pick - when is that coming over?