With the Bulls having a long break before taking on the Magic (in a so-not-'must'-anything game), it's the perfect opportunity to get away from the game-to-game grind. Look instead for some long-view, perspective, looks on the team and the franchise as a whole...but I'm both under the weather and uninspired. So you instead get a look around the BaB sidebar (and wherever they may direct you) at some Bulls happenings this week:
- Injury notes: Rose sat out practice today with the ol' "flu-like symptoms" . Meanwhile, James Johnson was back at practice from a knee injury nobody cared about. And Noah has the pin removed from his hand...which is a step, though with injury updates I prefer giving me a target return date or forget it.
- I'm trying my best not to wade (not Dwyane) into the Rose-for-MVP waters just yet because 1) it's early, and 2) As of now I don't think he deserves the award, so it'd be disingenuous to 'root' for it even as a Bulls fan, but TrueHoop had their opinion published today bolstered by this fine compilation over at By the Horns that links for and against views on Rose winning the league's top award.
- On to much more important awards, ESPN.com's David Thorpe has his midseason awards for the rookie class, and Omer Asik designated that group's best defender.
- In case you missed it, Joakim Noah joined the Bulls telecast on Monday night. Getting behind Stacy King's 'big sexy' call is the unquestioned highlight, but if you want the full thing, CSNChicago has it.
- Speaking of Kurt 'Big Sexy' Thomas, Carlos Boozer is not comfortable with the nickname. I feel his pain, I'm similarly not comfortable with any of Neil Funk's work.