They talked a bunch of topics, here's some highlights that are at all Bulls-related:
- Simmons flat-out called the Bulls the favorite for Melo, called it a "scary possibility" if they were able to roll out Rose/Butler/Melo/Gibson/Noah. "That's the best lineup in the East."
- Felt that CAA (who represents both Thibs and Melo) likely has a hand in this partnership occurring.
- Zach Lowe lamented the fact that Thibs has an agent. He wishes that Thibs would be as eccentric and idiosyncratic as possible. "I want Thibs to be one of those idiosyncratic weirdos who does his own contracts, has a magnifying glass and is poring over every detail himself. He's such a character that I want him to go full-on crazy."
- Both agreed that Melo was a fantastic fit for the Bulls and a pretty terrible fit for the Rockets.
- Simmons predicts: LBJ opts in, Wade/Bosh restructure. Melo to Bulls, not sure how. Love stays in Minnesota through offseason.
- Simmons says there "isn't a good enough trade" for Minnesota to pull the trigger yet. This appears to have been recorded before Klay Thomspon was announced as "on the table."
- Simmons thinks that Minnesota thinks that there's enough in Minnesota to try to keep him.
- Upcoming columns from Lowe about Heat, Love, and Bulls.
- Lowe thinks Love will be traded in the offseason for sure. Thinks the relationship is soured beyond repair.