So, a few things about the draft this year:
* The lottery is tonight. Are there any teams that would trade their lottery pick for Deng or the Charlotte pick? I think teams like the Cavs, Suns, Pelicans, Kings, Pistons, TWolves, and Wizards would at least consider it.
* Are there players you'd like fro the top of the draft? I'd love Oladipo, who is apparently a Dwyane Wadeesque freak of nature as an athlete, by the way. I'd at least think long and hard about Otto Porter, but haven't come to a real conclusion about him. I think Trey Burke will be good, but obviously he's not a guy the Bulls should trade up for.
* Who will be a bust? I'd be scared of taking Noel (a 206lb C with an ACL injury) or McLemore (with coach badmouthing him and plenty of issue). Anthony Bennett strikes me as a guy who will be a very borderline starter/6th man type for a long time. Which is better than a bust, but not really a guy I'd want to spend a top 5 pick on. Alex Len's ankle problems make him look pretty scary to me.
* Who will be there when the Bulls pick? Somewhat shockingly, I looked at the Draft Express mock for the day, and they still had Gorgui Dieng available and the Bulls picking him at 20. Sweet.
- Rudy Gobert has an absurd wingspan and reach. I'd use a lottery pick on him, but he still looks like a high risk pick because he's slow and doesn't know how to play.
- Kelly Olynyk. When was the last time anyone from Gonzaga was good? No way.
- Withey was very slow and stiff compared to the other bigs.
- Mason Plumlee and especially Cody Zellar have ridiculous athleticism for big guys. Zeller posted the highest No Step Vertical in the entire combine, and the guy is seven feet tall and runs the floor like a guard.
- Seth Curry and Shabazz Muhamad need to go on diets.