A couple of fine reads are available today that delves into the process that's getting some of these results, from smart guys at NBA Couchside (our pal 'fundamentallysound') and Bleacher Report ('Hickory High').
They each have picture+video breakdowns of some Bulls sets so far. A lot of it as ugly, especially seeing the contested clanks.
- Some of these contested shots are due to poor spacing
- My word, some of these entry passes.
- They've been emphasizing getting inside more, and that appears to be coming to fruition
- The FTAs have been low but you'd think (hope) that evens out
There's nothing that can't be fixed, if anything the Bulls are usually disciplined. I encourage you to check both of these out.
- The Chicago Bulls’ New Offense: Reasons for Optimism Despite a Rough Start - Kevin Ferrigan - NBA Couchside
- What We've Learned About Chicago Bulls Since Derrick Rose's Return - Ian Levy - Bleacher Report