This trade might not make anyone salivate but we could definitely do worse:
Bulls in: Ramon Sessions, Nick Young, and Maurice Evans
Cavaliers in: C.J. Watson and the Bulls 2nd round draft pick
Wizards in: Kyle Korver and Omer Asik
Why would the Bulls do this?
- Nick Young is only 26, he only has 1 year left on his contract, has size to help at the 3, and with a little help from Thibs he can improve defensively.
- Ramon Sessions can actually play the point.
- Maurice Evans is filler and is out of contract at the end of the season.
- We can replace Omer (due a contract extension soon) with Fesenko or another serviceable big.
- They have been shopping Sessions for a while now and would preferably take a 1st round pick (rumored) for him. C.J. is making less than Ramon and the 2nd round pick (maybe a 1st rounder?) could help.
- They already have Jordan Crawford who has been on fire lately. He's younger than Young and is presumably their long term starter.
- They get Omer who is a nice upgrade over Turiaf and could possibly become a starter (heh?) for them considering how low IQ JaVale McGee is.
- Kyle Korver can actually make a difference on this team considering how bad they are at his position....especially if they amnesty Rashard Lewis.
- They are stupid.
Bulls starting 5:
Rose - Young/Rip/Brewer - Deng - Boozer - Noah
FA/Taj/Scal - Taj/FA/Scal - Brewer/Young/Butler - Young/Rip/Brewer - Sessions/JL3
What do you think?