1. Should we be loyal to more than just Derrick Rose?
- One of the most important decisions the New England Patriots and/ or Indianapolis Colts was to cut their loyalties past their most important player Tom Brady. I firmly believe that you don't start to pay or over pay your talent until you are winning championships or one piece away. The thought of having to pay our 2ND ,3RD , AND 4th best players (you pick the order) 40 mil over the next 3 yrs or so is concerning as a fan wanting to see us win. Sometimes you have to overpay to keep talent, see Lamar Odom, but the alternative is not having those players that fill necessary secondary roles and help you win that championship. Leads me to my second question.....
2. Who is our core, or who is an untouchable?
- I would argue that only Rose is truly untouchable. No explanation needed.
- Second would be Noah. There is only one guy I would want over Noah. Dwight Howard. If we are trading for him, then I could live with losing Noah, but it would hurt our feelings really bad. We love him, even when he is inconsistent. We love his heart! He has Chicago Heart
- Third is Loul Deng: I know he is a glue guy, but too many glue guys keep you stuck in second and third place. He is an awesome player, but would be better served playing in a triangle like system. He has every thing we love in a Chicago player. The only thing is we need him to score on his own, hit the three with more regularity, and play above the rim a little more. He will never really be that type of player. If he could shoot at or above 40% from behind the arc, I would change my tune.
- Fourth is Gibson/ Asik: We need to keep one of these guys if not both. Size is a commodity that is hard to come by. Size and defense is even better. Taj hitting the 15 footer is an added bonus. We love these guys too. They have that Chicago Heart!
- 5th Ronnie Brewer: I just love his hustle and defense. He reminds me of Ron Harper/ Randy Brown. He is scrappy and he has Chicago Heart. He can guard D Wade and Lebron with with best of them. Awesome on ball defender. One of the best in the league.
3. If you are not winning or contending for the championship, then how important is chemistry?
- Miami and Chicago proved you can put a team together in a year and be a Teir 1 team in the league.
- Boston proved you can be a champion.
- Although it takes time and experience as a unit to win, you must have the right pieces. Once you have the right pieces, which I would contend that out of the final four teams this year we are the furthest away, then you can let you team settle and build from there.
4. All that being said, I am all for rebuilding our team based on the 5/6 players I laid out as our foundation. Screw chemistry and loyalty.Our time is now, but we have to take it. No one is going to give us a championship because we lauded chemistry and loyalty over winning. Is cap space true power during the NBA offseason?
- Boozer would be first on the chopping block
- Then Korver and Watson
- Everyone else is easily expendable.
WHAT SAY YOU?
FanPosts are user-created posts from the BlogABull community, and are to be treated as the opinions and views of that particular user, not that of the blogger or blog community as a whole.