Here are the candidates:
- Sacramento Kings: 31 million in cap space. Reasoning: They desperately need some veteran leadership. They could pair Boozer up with Cousins and be very effective in the West with that tandem. For: Jason Thompson. We get a taller system player who can play center on his rookie contract who is a system player and still has some potential.
- Atlanta Hawks: No cap space... Reasoning: They get another strong low post scorer that softens the loss of Jamal Crawford. Horford, Smith, and Boozer could be an extremely tough front line to face, but they all are undersized and very similar in function.FOR: Kirk Hinrich and Marvin Williams. We get a back up for Deng and Rose. We draft Boozers replacement in the late rounds and start Gibson
- New Jersey Nets: 19 mill in cap space.. Reasoning: They are desperate to make the playoffs, keep Deron Williams, and pay for their new stadium... .FOR: Kris Humphries, and Trade Exception, or draft pick. We need the cap space and Humphries shows great activity at a cheaper price giving us more cap space
- Orlando Magic: No cap space...Reasoning: They are desperate to make the playoffs, keep Dwight Howard, and win a title. Howard can hide Boozer's defensive deficiencies. FOR: Brandon Bass, JJ Redick, and other. We get another shooter for Rose and Bass who can back up Gibson until his contract expires
- Phoenix Suns: 18 million if they let Carter go. An additional 9 if they let Brooks and Peitrus go. Resononing: They get a low post score to go with Gortat, still compete in the West, and get a player that fits their style of play. For: Josh Childress and Channing Frye. We get two perfect system players to back up Deng and Gibson. Both can shoot... Childress underachieved in Phoenix. He can play a little D. Frye adds another shooter to help Rose and take big men out of the paint.