AKA: Game Two Roundup links + know your FanPosts/FanShots
It's not fair to already be sick of game two yet, we still have 3 more days to talk about it!
The big story, because it's new and all, was the return of Udonis Haslem to the Heat rotation. I still maintain that while it's a lot of talk for what is ultimately a role player, it's still a big deal simply because the Heat have so few non-useless players, so one more matters. Here are your Haslem bullets:
- I'll start with the big mushy profile, from Michael Wallace at ESPN.com, talking about Haslem's rehab-filled season and his meaning to the heat. Also includes Spoelstra's post-game words about Haslem, which were hokey but a bit appropriate.
- Heat fans are certainly excited to have him back. Maybe it's because their stars are so difficult to root for?
- Click at your own risk: Haslem dunk 1 and 2 from Wednesday.
- Not only was Haslem back, but the Haslem + Mike Miller played together for the first time all season. Miller still can't shoot at all but did provide some non-uselessnesss as well.
- There's a fantastic upcoming SI piece (as in, the future magazine article, today!) on Thibodeau and the Bulls defense. Doug Thonus thinks that Thibs may be a bit too defense-obsessed if Thibs thinks that was the problem in game two. Though as much as we've focused on the Bulls inability to finish inside, as Load O' Bull points out, there's a real issue with the Bulls D in the way they're allowing Miami to score in the paint.
- And in a cruel yet funny way, Kelly Dwyer reminds us just how the Bulls couldn't hit from anywhere in game two. And while we're ragging on point guards, I like all the digs Ira Winderman throws Mario Chalmers way in his game two recap.
- We will not rag on the point god. But Derrick Rose did not have his best game and the Heat defense (even Mike Bibby) gets some credit. Kevin Arnovitz takes a look at Dwyane Wade's defensive work in particular. John Krolik makes an appearance at ESPN.com and wonders big-picture (as in, career-big) what this means for Derrick Rose's superstar status.
- And if you're not reading your FanPosts, here are your Sebastian Pruiti breakdowns of game two. I enjoyed this point-filled recap also.
- And finally, the Carlos Boozer rap nobody had been waiting for.