AKA: Game Two HYPE links + know your FanPosts/FanShots
Not so much today, though I blame nobody for having any analysis fatigue (unless analysis is just watching Taj Gibson dunks). In terms of what to expect in game two, if the teams play the same the Bulls will win. It's possible one team plays worse than that game, or better than that game. Man, I'm not cut out for this...
- I'll start with one of the blogging MVPs of this series, Tom Haberstroh, who concentrates this post on the freelance offensive work of Dwyane Wade and LeBron James. What worked in earlier series for them didn't in game one against the Bulls defense, notably said so during that game by Eric Spoelstra. Meanwhile, Doug Thonus has his possible adjustments for Wednesday night, and it includes his expectation that Wade and James will go to isolation more, due to their ego.
- Here's a cool thing at TrueHoop, a first-person scouting report from the Bucks' Luc Richard Mbah a Moute on the stars remaining in the playoffs, including what he sees are the best ways to defend Wade, James, and Derrick Rose.
- I had to 'heh' at Spoelstra being forced to talk about his center and point guard options.
That's it for the game. As indicated in the title of this post, it was apparently human interest day. Usually that means talking about Derrick Rose, his neighborhood, and his Mom, but some more players got that treatment:
- Taj Gibson's season of mourning.
- The fantastic Dave D'Alessandro on Luol Deng's unique upbringing and how it's always with him on the court.
- Not nearly as heavy a subject, but an Orlando perspective on how Keith Bogans in and outs with that organization eventually landed him in Chicago. (ht: OPP)
- It's easy to forget about Juwan Howard (and for good reason). However, in a series with two Chicago-raised superstars squaring off, here's a reminder that the old dude was a star from this town once too.