Forgot to add: Thanks to wjb1492 for sub duties over the weekend. It seems that everyone got along (well, as much as that's ever the case), so thanks to everyone else, too.
Let's try this out: consolidating all the free agency sorta-news into one thread, instead of updating the sidebar with every random tweet and post out there.
To get us back on track, here's a remembrance of FanShots recently mowed down by the threadslayer*:
- Stein: "It's believed that Bosh will also meet face-to-face with the Chicago Bulls soon after free agency officially commences at 12:01 a.m. Thursday, but it remains to be seen if Wade -- a Chicago native who was recently critical of the Bulls' organization -- intends to huddle with the Bulls."
- Woj: "One prominent agent says tonight: "I think there's a very good chance the Knicks will get shutout (in free agency)...Even likely...""
- Broussard: "Very possible that 5 of top 6 free agents join 2 teams: LJ/Bosh in CHI, DWade, Amare or Boozer and Joe Johnson in Miami"
- Joe Johnson news roundup: Hawks to offer him max deal, Knicks and Bulls willing to do the same.
- Stephen A Smith says James and Bosh to Miami.
- Mike McGraw identifies Chris Bosh as the Bulls first target (while they wait for the LeBron meeting), and not Joe Johnson.
Get as excited as you want, it is exciting, but it's not news. As much as seemingly every indication is that LeBron is coming to the Bulls, there's actually no indication. I'm off the mindset that this all as crap.
*If you had some awesome comment on those departed threads, I can't move over the comments. I can, however, email them to you if you ask.