I chose to start a new post/thread on this topic as I just punched numbers and have a new theory based on reports/trades that have happened. Here is what has happened first of all:
1. Hinrich and 1st round pick has been traded for NOTHING to washington
2. Rumors have surfaced that Joe Johnson wants to commit early to bulls for a 4yr/60 mil contract with first year being about 13-14 mil.
3. Continued Rumors that Deng is also being shopped to sacramento or clippers for CAP space
4. Bosh on sportscenter pretty much saying he might go where lebron goes
So, based on these news/rumors here are the numbers:
- If the bulls can trade Hinrich, Deng, and James Johnson for Cap space they will have 46.3 mil left for free agency given the CAP is 56.1 (which it is projected).
- Lets say the Bulls do immediately sign JJ for 13.3 million
- This then gives them still enough to sign 2 max free agency; hence, Lebron and Bosh
- This results in a lineup of Rose, JJ, Lebron, Bosh, Noah (Taj 6th man).
- I then think the bulls can still use the 5 mid level exception to sign a player/free agent.
So, If the bulls do trade hinrich/deng/james johnson for NOTHING tonight or before FA they MUST believe something like this should happen.