Any thoughts on this? Sounds wacky, but best case scenario we get 2 of the most dominant bigs in the league to pair with rose. If one/either decides to leave = the so desired cap space.
Chi - outgoing: Noah, Hinrich, Pargo, Miller, Thomas, Johnson, Richards
Chi - incoming: Bosh, Stoudamire, Barbosa
Phoenix - outgoing: Stoudamire, Barbosa
Phoenix - incoming: Miller, Thomas, Johnson
Toronto - outgoing: Bosh
Toronto - incoming: Noah, Hinrich, Pargo
I feel like both teams would consider these trades based on the apparently large risk of each big man leaving.
PG: Rose, Barbosa
SG: Barbosa, Salmons
SF: Deng, Salmons
PF: Bosh, Gibson
Immediate contender if you ask me.
Cap (estimated to be at ~$54m) - Assumes max contract of $19m when resigning, Stoudamire option of $17,686,100
1. If both sign max deals - $56,019,690
2. If only Bosh signs max deal (i.e. Bulls let Stoudamire walk) - $37,019,690 ($16,980,310 of cap space)
3. If only Bosh signs max deal (Stoudamire takes 1-yr option) - $54,705,790
4. If Stoudamire takes his 1-yr option, Bosh leaves - $35,705,790 ($18,294,210 of cap space)
5. If neither re-sign - $18,019,690 ($35,980,310 of cap space)
Seems to both accomplish our goals of increasing our chances of signing a (or two) marquee free agents. Also, Might be more plausible than wishing for Wade/Lebron. Finally, if we decide not to keep Amare, and he signs a deal elsewhere, we might (i think) have enough cap room to sign another top free agent (Johnson, Gay?) while keeping Bosh (and offering him more than anyone else).