With the victory Tuesday night, the Chicago Bulls are once again at .500 for the season. One game stands between them and entering the All Star break at 1 game over .500. If they lose they enter the All star break as an all too familiar below .500 team destined for a 7 or 8 seed in the playoffs. If they win, it shows they belong and could bring out the best in the Chicago Bulls for a run at the 5 seed. I see Wednesday’s game against the Orlando Magic to be huge 2nd half momentum boost for the Chicago Bulls. Let’s take a look at my keys to the game:
- Rose needs to stay out of foul trouble and continue the great game he had in Orlando.
- Bulls need a similar defensive effort to last time on both Howard and Carter.
- Magic may be looking ahead to their Thursday match-up with Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers. This young Bulls squad is more than capable of running up a 110+ night if the Magic aren’t careful.
- Which Chicago Bulls will show up? And no I’m not talking about Tyrus Thomas
Previous Match-up (January 2, 2010 in Orlando, FL): Chicago Bulls 101 Orlando Magic 93
Notable reasons for victory:
- Great defense on Howard. 9 pts, 12 rebounds.
- Contained Vince Carter. 8 pts on 3/15 shooting
- Derrick Rose torched Jameer Nelson with his speed and quickness