Assistant Ron Adams was on the Score (who I don't know if he's a Skiles guy or not) this morning:
- Staff chose to focus on defense to both shore that up as well as not dwell on the shooting struggles.
- Joe Smith was DNP'd Monday night mostly due to lingering knee trouble.
- Has never seen so many players 'off their game', especially mentally.
- Need more 'juice' (Williams?) individually and collectively.
- Cannot dwell on the losses, something Kirk does especially.
- "Thabo is a mystery. I think he came into this season thinking he has to be more offensively assertive, and got away from what he does well"
- Team doesn't do a good job of 'finding the hot hand', although points out they did find Nocioni alot last night.
- On Ben Wallace: just says he's "up and down, but would obviously like to see it more game in and game out". Liked his agressiveness around the rim last night (something I completely disagree with). Encourages him to shoot the hook and not the fadeaway, yet he fades away as to not get fouled. "When he's on his game, he energizes a team that does not have the energy that we've wanted". (all-time 'energy' quote, right there)