[From the diaries. A pretty good interview (Pax rarely has bad ones), although it's always unfortunate when Mike North was involved. For a guy who has a huge undeserved contract himself, he's really up in arms about players' salaries. -Matt]
Pax talked with Mike North on the Score this morning:
Here's a short summary of Pax's comments:
- Says that Lakers were never really interested in trading Kobe. Said that the Lakers ultimately had control of everything despite talk of Kobe asserting his muscle on things.
- Agrees that having a superstar is important but the deals are hard to make.
- Bulls were in the mix for Garnett and he thought they had a chance but it didn't work out. Alludes to problem of giving up too much for 1 guy.
- Dismisses talk of him being too in love with the team. Is not afraid to pull the trigger if he needs to.
- He talked to Skiles personally about his harsh comments about TT and said he was right to apologize.
- Hinted that his relationship with Skiles has been tested as the loosing has continued, but no indication that he could be fired anytime soon.
- Guys have to step up and play at a consistent level every game
- North called Pax out about Hinrich and Wallace's poor play.
- Wallace's standard has to be double digit rebounds every game.
- Has no answer about Hinrich
- says TT needs to play with the effort he had in 2nd half against ATL every night.